Welcome to English 8 on Team Gold Rush! I am looking forward to helping you develop your analytical reading, effective writing, attentive listening and eloquent speaking skills!
Some important dates to note as we begin second quarter:
(Please note that dates are subject to change.)
- Reading Response 1 due October 26
- Reading Response 2 due November 2
- Reading Response 3 due November 9
- Reading Response 4 due November 30
- Reading Response 5 due December 7
- Reading Response 6 due December 14
- There will be no reading responses assigned the weeks of November 19, December 3, December 17
- RC Test 3: Testing as a class November 14
- RC Test 4: Testing as a class December 18
- Enriched RC Test due December 18
- Students may take an early RC test any day during RELAX, and most days before school, during lunch, or after school.
- Writing Practice: assigned October 22, due October 26
- "The Outsider" Partial Essay: assigned November 5, due November 8
- Legendary Monsters Informative Essay: assigned November 6, due November 22
- Diction Diary: Assigned October 29, due December 10
- Career Infographic: assigned December 11, due December 13
- Collection 2 Movie Pitch: assigned December 17, due December 20
Late work is always accepted without penalty!
Late work will be updated every other Friday, on the following dates: November 16, November 30, and December 14.
- In order to be included in the progress report grade: November 13
- In order to be included in the report card grade: December 17
If you submit late work after these dates, I'll do my best to grade it before the grading period ends, but I cannot guarantee it.