Library Hours: Open 7:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Closed 11:45 a.m. on minimum days.
Mission Statement - Your Sierra Vista Library; Making Multimedia Resources Accessible to Serve the Staff and Students, Enabling them to Become Effective Users of Ideas and Information
* Summer Reading Program
WHO: All students and adults may participate in the Santa Clarita Public Libraries Summer Reading Program.
WHAT: Read five books and earn badges as you complete your reading missions. Ebooks, magazines, and audiobooks can be counted for your reading, too. Remember, the SV library has ebooks in our library catalog. The username and password for our ebooks is the same one we use for all of our databases and is listed on page 15 in the binder reminder. Free audiobooks may be downloaded at www.audiobooksSYNC.com.
WHEN: June 12 - July 29
WHERE: Any Santa Clarita Public Library can provide additional information, sign-ups and book suggestions.
WHY: With this fun summer reading program, you can keep up your reading skills while winning prizes, and compete against other Hart District schools for the most students who complete the Five Book Reading Challenge. Plus, the first 30 students who show Mrs. Fulleman that they completed the challenge will get a pizza party, supplied by ASB.
AND: Summer is a great time to get caught up on your reading, get ready for Reading Counts quizzes next semester, and show some school pride all at the same time.
HOW: Sign up by clicking here, or at your local public library.
Need help remembering what you've read for your next Reading Counts quiz? Click below for a form to fill out and some suggested reads.
* Help your SV Library buy new books at no additional cost to you!
Here's a free and easy way to help us buy more library books. Just add our library to your Ralphs Rewards card. Every time your family shops at Ralphs Supermarket and puts in your phone number or scans your Ralphs card at the checkout counter, we get a percentage of the sales. How easy is that!? Please ask your parents to help us by doing the following:
1. Go to www.ralphs.com/
2. On the top right, click either ""register"" or ""sign in""
3. Once you're into your account, click on your name in the upper right corner
4. Scroll to the bottom to ""Community Rewards""
5. Search for Sierra Vista Jr. High Library OR you can type in our ID code = 82508
6. Enroll and that's it!
If you need assistance or don't want to enroll online, you may call Ralphs at 1-800-443-4438.
Thank you for your support.
* SV Library e-Books: Even when our library is closed, you can still read our e-books in our online catalog. Students can log into our SV catalog with their ID number as the username and their 6 digit BD as the password. Arrow down next to "material type", and click on e-books. If there are any additional username/password prompts to open an e-book, then it's our database password as listed on page 15 of your binder reminder.
Santa Clarita Public Library Programs
to see the free homework help, databases, free music downloads, ebooks, etc. at our local public libraries.