Mission Statement - Your Sierra Vista Library; Making Multimedia Resources Accessible to Serve the Students and Staff, Enabling them to Become Effective Users of Ideas and Information
Library Hours: TBD when we return to campusHave questions? E-mail your teacher librarian, Mrs. Fulleman, at email@example.comClick HERE to see the passwords for all of our online resources
Our EBSCO e-book subscription's Password has Changed! Click the link above to see the new password
Note: you must be logged in to your Hart District Gmail to open this list of passwords.
Our Online Scholastic Book Fair has Begun!!
Our fair dates are March 29 - April 11th
- You'll love shopping for Book Fair exclusives. Get a preview of popular titles from this link to our interactive book list
- Be sure to watch the entertaining book trailer videos to give you ideas as to which books to buy. Click HERE for the video book trailers.
- Click HERE for our fair website and to place an order. Ordering is available only during our fair dates 3/29-4/11. Enjoy free shipping directly to you on book-only purchases over $25.
Thank you for supporting our fair!
March is Women in History Month
Read about famous women and their contributions. Print and e-book titles are listed in our "Collections"
in the Destiny Discover section of our online catalog.
*LIBRARY BOOK REQUEST FORM FOR PICKUP OR CLASS DELIVERY
If you would like to borrow a print copy of any book in our SV Library catalog, you may request up to three books at a time to reserve and pick up in front of the SV Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 1 and 3:00 p.m. Starting the week of 3/29/21, you can also request for your book to be delivered to your English class if you will be attending class on campus. Click on this SV Destiny Library Catalog link
to search for books you may want to borrow. After you have submitted this BOOK REQUEST FORM
wait for a confirmation email that verifies the book and date of pick up availabilities, or drop off to your English classroom.
To renew your library books, just email Mrs. Fulleman, and she will do that for you remotely.
We also have e-books and our databases which are available 24/7* How-to video: Click HERE to view a Youtube video to learn how to find an ebook in the library's catalog
* And see the pdf link below for directions on how to access e-books from additional online sources.
ebook: "Benched" by Cristy Watson; 560 lexile - Realistic drama - Click HERE
ebook: "Catla and the Vikings" by Mary Nelson; 640 lexile - Historical fiction - Click HERE
ebook: "Breathe: A Ghost Story" by Cliff McNish; 680 lexile - Horror - Click HERE
ebook: "Under the Ashes" by Cindy Rankin; 690 lexile - Survival story - Click HERE
ebook: "The Loch Ness Monster" by Jean Flitcroft; 770 lexile - Supernatural fic. Click HERE
ebook: "The F Factor" by Diane Gonzales Bertrand; 780 lexile - Realistic drama. Click HERE
ebook: "Lorenzo and the Turncoat" by Lila & Rick Guzman; 800 lexile - Historical fic. - Click HERE
ebook: "The Warriors" by Joseph Bruchac; 810 lexile - Realistic drama - Click HERE
ebook: "Not a Chance" by Michelle Mulder; 860 lexile - Realistic drama. Click HERE
*After you've read one of our SV Library Books, Click HERE to view a How-to video to post a review for all students to see.
*Santa Clarita Public Library Links:
Click HERE to email a request for a free city public library card by mail
Click HERE to go to the free homework help, and other frees services such as music downloads, databases, ebooks, and more from city's public libraries.
Click HERE for information about their teen activities.
Click HERE for a how-to video from the public library, showing you how to get live homework help in all subjects from 1:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m
*SV Library Maker Space Tuesdays during lunch
*Our Library Cat mascot's name is Dewey! Thank you to all the students who suggested names and voted for the cat on our SV Library's new entrance doors.
*March, 2020 Brown Bag Presentation - Snacks and Crafts from our Canyon Country Public Librarian, Ms. Rebekah Leidenfrost
Below are photos from this event in our library
* SIGNING IN TO GOOGLE DIRECTIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS - If you are a 7th grader or are new to the Hart School District, please carefully follow all of the directions by clicking this pdf link below.
* Help your SV Library buy new books at no additional cost to you!
Here's a free and easy way to help us buy more library books. Just add our library to your Ralphs Rewards card. Every time your family shops at Ralphs Supermarket or Food 4 Less and puts in your phone number or scans your Ralphs card at the checkout counter, we get a percentage of the sales. How easy is that!? Please ask your parents to help us by doing the following:
1. Go to www.ralphs.com/
2. On the top right, click either "register" or "sign in"
3. Once you're into your account, click on your name in the upper right corner
4. Scroll to the bottom to "Community Rewards"
5. Search for Sierra Vista Jr. High Library; our ID code is RF737
6. Enroll and that's it!
If you need assistance or don't want to enroll online, you may call Ralphs at 1-800-443-4438.
Thank you for your support.