Library Hours: Open 7:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Closed 11:45 a.m. on minimum days
Summer hours - Only open for book returns; call for an appt. to return books
Mission Statement - Your Sierra Vista Library; Making Multimedia Resources Accessible to Serve the Staff and Students, Enabling them to Become Effective Users of Ideas and Information
*Summer Reading: Incoming 7th and 8th grade students should read two Reading Counts books worth 6 points or higher, to get a head start on their first quarter quizzes. Click HERE to search the list to see if your book has a quiz.
*Summer Reading Program at the SCV Public Libraries. This is for all ages, and you can win prizes! Click HERE to sign up from June 11 - July 28.
* Returning students: Be sure to write down your passwords for the desktop computers (AD), Infinite Campus (IC) and Google. They will not be reset over the summer. Save yourself some time and trouble and keep track of your passwords for the next school year.
* Our final Brown Bag Presentation for the '17-'18 school year was Thursday May 10th. Author Obert Skye visited our library to talk about writing. Mr. Skye is the author of the "The Creature from my Closet" series, "The Pillagy" dragon series and his new book, "Wizard for Hire". See below for photos
*Take a look at our library orientation video below that includes how to access our library's e-books, our library services, and more.
* Help your SV Library buy new books at no additional cost to you!
Here's a free and easy way to help us buy more library books. Just add our library to your Ralphs Rewards card. Every time your family shops at Ralphs Supermarket or Food 4 Less and puts in your phone number or scans your Ralphs card at the checkout counter, we get a percentage of the sales. How easy is that!? Please ask your parents to help us by doing the following:
1. Go to www.ralphs.com/
2. On the top right, click either "register" or "sign in"
3. Once you're into your account, click on your name in the upper right corner
4. Scroll to the bottom to "Community Rewards"
5. Search for Sierra Vista Jr. High Library OR you can type in our ID code = 82508
6. Enroll and that's it!
Please note that you must renew your choice of program support every year on September 1st.
If you need assistance or don't want to enroll online, you may call Ralphs at 1-800-443-4438.
Thank you for your support.
* SV Library e-Books: Even when our library is closed, you can still read our e-books in our online catalog. Students can log into our SV catalog with their ID number as the username and their 6 digit BD as the password. Arrow down next to "material type", and click on e-books. If there are any additional username/password prompts to open an e-book, then it's our database password as listed on page 15 of your binder reminder.
Santa Clarita Public Library Programs
to see the free homework help, databases, free music downloads, ebooks, etc. at our local public libraries. And click HERE
for information about teen activities at our local public libraries.