Click HERE to sign in to our library's catalog.
1. HOW TO LOG IN TO THE LIBRARY CATALOG
Students - Your username is your ID number and the password is your 6 digit birthday.
Teachers - email your teacher librarian for assistance.
2. HOW TO SEE WHICH ITEMS YOU HAVE CHECKED OUT
After you log in to the library account in step number 1, simply click on the "My Info" tab. You will see a list of any library books you have borrowed, and your textbooks. All have the SV Library barcodes next to the titles.
3. HOW TO SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG
For instructions on how to search for print books, click the pdf file below
4. E-BOOKS INFORMATION
How-to video: Click HERE to view a Youtube video to learn how to find an ebook in the library's catalog, or follow the steps below.
Steps to accessing over 8,000 e-books in our library's catalog:
2. Click log in on the upper right corner
3. student UN = ID number PW = 6 digit birthday
4. In the middle of the web page there's a box that says "Narrow your search to..." Down arrow next to "Material type" and select Electronic Book - ebook You can also narrow your search to include Reading Counts by clicking on the drop down "Reading Programs"
5. Type in the search line the subject you're looking for
6. If you are prompted to login to EBSCO - use the log in with Google option
7. Once you see an ebook you want to read, click "open" next to the title of the ebook
8. Scroll down until you see the hyperlinks to the different chapters, and click on the one you'd like to read
5. FIND A BOOK ON THE SHELVES
When you find the listing of the book you want, write down the CALL NUMBER. These are the letters and/or numbers that you see under the image of the book in the online catalog
6. BORROW THE BOOK
Now that you have the book in your hands, you need to borrow it from the library. Get out your STUDENT ID CARD and show it at the Circulation Desk. Yes, you absolutely need that ID CARD to borrow the book. Replacement ID cards may be purchased at the library for $5.00.
You may borrow up to SIX books at a time. The limit for magazine checkouts is one at a time
7. LEARN MORE ABOUT FINDING BOOKS
Once you know how to use the Dewey Decimal System,
you can find books in all libraries that use it. Most K-12 schools and public libraries organize their books in Dewey order. Click HERE
for the Dewey Decimal rap to help you remember how the system works.
*E-Book Talk Videos - All of these ebooks are in our SV Library Catalog
ebook: "Benched" by Cristy Watson; 560 lexile - Realistic drama - Click HERE
ebook: "Catla and the Vikings" by Mary Nelson; 640 lexile - Historical fiction - Click HERE
ebook: "Breathe: A Ghost Story" by Cliff McNish; 680 lexile - Horror - Click HERE
ebook: "Under the Ashes" by Cindy Rankin; 690 lexile - Survival story - Click HERE
ebook: "The Loch Ness Monster" by Jean Flitcroft; 770 lexile - Supernatural fiction Click HERE
ebook: "The F Factor" by Diane Gonzales Bertrand; 780 lexile - Realistic drama. Click HERE
ebook: "Lorenzo and the Turncoat" by Lila & Rick Guzman; 800 lexile - Historical fic. - Click HERE
ebook: "The Warriors" by Joseph Bruchac; 810 lexile - Realistic drama - Click HERE