Use the search box above to do a quick search of our library's catalog.
1. HOW TO LOG IN TO THE LIBRARY CATALOG
Click HERE to sign in to our library's catalog.
Your username is your ID number and the password is your 6 digit birthday.
Teachers - email your teacher librarian for assistance.
After you log in, be sure the click on the "Destiny Discover" link on the left of the catalog webpage for more searching options.
2. HOW TO SEE WHICH ITEMS YOU HAVE CHECKED OUT
After you log in to the library account in step number 1, simply click on the "My Info" tab. You will see a list of any library books you have borrowed, and your textbooks. All have the SV Library barcodes next to the titles.
3. HOW TO SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG
For instructions on how to search for print books, click the pdf file below
*NEW - CURBSIDE LIBRARY BOOKS PICK UP AND DROP OFF
If you would like to borrow a print copy of any book in our SV Library catalog, you may request up to three books at a time to reserve and pick up in front of the SV Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting the week of August 17, 2020 between the hours of 1 and 3:00 p.m. Fill out this BOOK REQUEST FORM
and wait for a confirmation email that verifies the book and date of pick up availabilities. Click on this SV Catalog link
to search for books you may want to borrow.
* E-BOOKS INFORMATION
How-to video: Click HERE to view a Youtube video to learn how to find an ebook in the library's catalog, or follow the steps below.
Steps to accessing over 8,000 e-books in our library's catalog:
2. Click log in on the upper right corner
3. student UN = ID number PW = 6 digit birthday
4. In the middle of the web page there's a box that says "Narrow your search to..." Down arrow next to "Material type" and select Electronic Book - ebook You can also narrow your search to include Reading Counts by clicking on the drop down "Reading Programs"
5. Type in the search line the subject you're looking for
6. If you are prompted to login to EBSCO - use the log in with Google option
7. Once you see an ebook you want to read, click "open" next to the title of the ebook
8. Scroll down until you see the hyperlinks to the different chapters, and click on the one you'd like to read
*FIND A BOOK ON THE SHELVES (when we open again)
When you find the listing of the book you want, write down the CALL NUMBER. These are the letters and/or numbers that you see under the image of the book in the online catalog
*BORROW THE BOOK (when we open again)
Now that you have the book in your hands, you need to borrow it from the library. Get out your STUDENT ID CARD and show it at the Circulation Desk. Yes, you absolutely need that ID CARD to borrow the book. Replacement ID cards may be purchased at the library for $5.00.
You may borrow up to SIX books at a time. The limit for magazine checkouts is one at a time
*LEARN MORE ABOUT FINDING BOOKS
Once you know how to use the Dewey Decimal System,
you can find books in all libraries that use it. Most K-12 schools and public libraries organize their books in Dewey order. Click HERE
for the Dewey Decimal rap to help you remember how the system works.
*E-Book Talk Videos - All of these ebooks are in our SV Library Catalog
ebook: "Benched" by Cristy Watson; 560 lexile - Realistic drama - Click HERE
ebook: "Catla and the Vikings" by Mary Nelson; 640 lexile - Historical fiction - Click HERE
ebook: "Breathe: A Ghost Story" by Cliff McNish; 680 lexile - Horror - Click HERE
ebook: "Under the Ashes" by Cindy Rankin; 690 lexile - Survival story - Click HERE
ebook: "The Loch Ness Monster" by Jean Flitcroft; 770 lexile - Supernatural fiction Click HERE
ebook: "The F Factor" by Diane Gonzales Bertrand; 780 lexile - Realistic drama. Click HERE
ebook: "Lorenzo and the Turncoat" by Lila & Rick Guzman; 800 lexile - Historical fic. - Click HERE
ebook: "The Warriors" by Joseph Bruchac; 810 lexile - Realistic drama - Click HERE