Create your teacher account or sign in at this link! https://video.alexanderstreet.com/user
The databases above are resources for our faculty - See the list of passwords for UN and PWs when you are
Email Mrs. Fulleman for the school passcode to set up an account.
"Revised with the permission of Discovery Education. Discovery Education is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the revision."
Google Drawing teaching tools
Institute of Education Sciences; professional development research articles
SV Staff may obtain a free SCILNet card for borrowing from the SCV libraries listed below. See Mrs. Fulleman for details.
The Santa Clarita Interlibrary Network (SCILNet) was established on January 2, 1989. The purpose of this association is to improve the quality of library service to the citizens of Santa Clarita and its environs through interlibrary cooperation. All of the school libraries in the William S. Hart School District are part of SCILNet. The other libraries of this association are listed below with links to their home pages.
City of Santa Clarita Public Libraries
College of the Canyons Library
The Master's College Library
Cal Arts University Library
Teacher E-Resources for Lesson Plans
2. Here are some great review game ideas in addition to Kahoot (thanks, Kathlee):
3. http://en.community.epals.com/epals_cares/default.aspx/ - Provides a means for schools to develop a virutal exchange as well as provides ideas for project based activities & games
4. https://www.newsela.com/ - Provides news articles with three different lexile levels with the same content.
5. http://poetry.about.com/od/poeticforms/a/fibonaccipoems.htm - math is a global language; can observe mathematical patterns in nature and use that pattern in poetry
7. http://newspapermap.com Use a global map to view newspapers from around the world
8. http://htwins.net/scale2/ Fun site for science and exponential mathematics - shows life/objects in a scale comparison from small to large
10. http://www.edutopia.org Has differentiated resources by grade level; can connect with other educators; read educators' articles/blogs
11. https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/project/art-project - Explore art, architecture, historical, and even scientific sites in close detail
13. http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/?iref=allsearch Has media messages with the Media Literacy Question of the Day. Practice listening skills, promotes global awareness.
14. http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/?ar_a=1 - Lesson plans and free online educational games/activities
16. https://geoguessr.com/ This is a game where students guess the world locale, based upon a given image.
18. http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/view_lesson_plans?utm_source=memberblast&utm_medium=email&utm_content=AboutLessonPlan_Link&utm_campaign=SpecialRequestsBlast Digital Wish Lesson plans for every content area
19. http://www.ala.org/aasl/sites/ala.org.aasl/files/content/conferencesandevents/ecollab/lpd/DiscoveringReferenceResources.pdf - Teacher Librarian lesson plans
20. https://learning.mozilla.org/en-US/activities - Mozilla's Web Literacy online lesson plans
21. https://blog.teacherspayteachers.com/10-ways-encourage-primary-source-analysis-middle-schoolers/?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Learn+more&utm_content=01/28/2018 - Interesting ways to teach Primary sources.
The links provided to sites outside the District are not under the control of the Hart District or its schools or teachers. Teachers do not endorse any sites other than their own. Internet sites change quickly and without notice. Links are provided only as a convenience to you.