SV Staff may obtain a free SCILNet card for borrowing from the SCV libraries listed below. See Mrs. Fulleman for details.
The Santa Clarita Interlibrary Network (SCILNet) was established on January 2, 1989. The purpose of this association is to improve the quality of library service to the citizens of Santa Clarita and its environs through interlibrary cooperation. All of the school libraries in the William S. Hart School District are part of SCILNet. The other libraries of this association are listed below with links to their home pages.
1. http://en.community.epals.com/epals_cares/default.aspx/ - Provides a means for schools to develop a virutal exchange as well as provides ideas for project based activities & games
2. https://www.newsela.com/ - Provides news articles with three different lexile levels with the same content.
3. http://poetry.about.com/od/poeticforms/a/fibonaccipoems.htm - math is a global language; can observe mathematical patterns in nature and use that pattern in poetry
4. http://www.un.org/cyberschoolbus/ A collection of U.N. Global Teaching and Learning project resources
5. http://newspapermap.com Use a global map to view newspapers from around the world
6. http://htwins.net/scale2/ Fun site for science and exponential mathematics - shows life/objects in a scale comparison from small to large
7. http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/npca/news/worldview-magazine/lesson-plans/ - Worldview Magazine Lesson Plans from the Peace Corps
8. http://www.edutopia.org Has differentiated resources by grade level; can connect with other educators; read educators' articles/blogs
9. https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/project/art-project - Explore art, architecture, historical, and even scientific sites in close detail
10. http://www.googlelittrips.com/GoogleLit/Home.html Uses Google Earth to travel on a globe to see the settings of classic English novels
11. http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/?iref=allsearch Has media messages with the Media Literacy Question of the Day. Practice listening skills, promotes global awareness.
12. http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/?ar_a=1 - Lesson plans and free online educational games/activities
Tools and Resources for Global Classrooms from IREX
14. https://geoguessr.com/ This is a game where students guess the world locale, based upon a given image.
15. http://teachers.net/lessons/ Thousands of free lesson plans on the web.
16. http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/view_lesson_plans?utm_source=memberblast&utm_medium=email&utm_content=AboutLessonPlan_Link&utm_campaign=SpecialRequestsBlast Digital Wish Lesson plans for every content area
17. http://www.ala.org/aasl/sites/ala.org.aasl/files/content/conferencesandevents/ecollab/lpd/DiscoveringReferenceResources.pdf - Teacher Librarian lesson plans
18. https://learning.mozilla.org/en-US/activities - Mozilla's Web Literacy online lesson plans
19. https://blog.teacherspayteachers.com/10-ways-encourage-primary-source-analysis-middle-schoolers/?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Learn+more&utm_content=01/28/2018 - Interesting ways to teach Primary sources.